The OPEN PAGE is a blog written by teens in Mariposa County, located in the Western Sierra Mountains of Central California. Please include your full name and age with your submission.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Yale Update

By Phil Vigil

Yale, my guide dog, is almost ready to go back to Guide Dogs Incorporated for training. He will be recalled back to Guide Dogs on December 2. When he is recalled, he will be tested in 10 phases of training. If he passes all 10, he will be assigned to a blind person for training. When Yale and the blind person are fully trained, I get to go to a guide dog graduation ceremony and give the dog away.
Yale has been one of my best dogs and I really enjoyed training him. I have been getting really busy lately, ergo Yale will probably be my last guide dog.

 
Free HTML Hit Counters