The OPEN PAGE is a blog written by teens in Mariposa County, located in the Western Sierra Mountains of Central California. Please include your full name and age with your submission.

Friday, April 11, 2008

The Magic Cape by Lydia Radonic age 9

Late in the middle of the night I saw something flying over me. I felt a little weird. But after a while it was morning. I could see what had been gliding over me last night. It looked like a butterfly. It had glittery silver and gold wings that shimmered.
The butterfly said it had a beautiful present for me. She wanted me to look at my chair. So, I looked at my chair and on it was a cape. It had lots of butterflies on it that made it really appealing. I put it on as fast as a wink, it made me invisible. I was amazed and gasped, “Thank you!” to the butterfly.
I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen to tell my dad. He was making coffee. We both said good morning to each other. I showed him the cape I was holding. He exclaimed, “Where did you get that cape?”
“This morning a butterfly gave me a cape. I put it on and it made me invisible. “Isn’t that cool, dad?” My dad said it was very cool. My dad said, “I want one!”
So I asked the butterfly that gave me the cape if she could make one for my dad. She said she could. That night the butterfly knitted my dad a cape. In the morning it was finished. I ran to my dad’s bedroom to show him the cape. It had trucks and tractors all over it.
My dad said thank you to the butterfly. We all had fun being invisible.

 
Free HTML Hit Counters